Rajasthan is known for its historical marvels, art, and magnificent views. This desert state of India, famous for its colorful and vibrant culture is also a paradise for street – shoppers . If you too enjoy purchasing ethnic stuff at reasonable prices like me and love mixing and matching them for your daily dose of fashion , read on…
- The Tie and Die or ‘Bandhani’ : is one of the most eye catching finds of this area and streets are filled with this unique art incorporated in bright colors in dupattas, sarees, skirts and suits. The mark of an authentic hand colored bandhani is the presence of small dot found in the center of the motifs, caused by the penetration of the dye. The absence indicates the work being done with machines. However either of the buys depending on the budget are noteworthy artifacts to take home. You can team up the dupatta with solid color kurta’s and black metal earrings for a perfect look.Price: 200 INR for dupatta without border and 350INR with border. Places: Bapu Market and Sanjay Bazar
2. Skirts/ Plazzos: The unique textiles and patterns of Rajasthan express themselves in a myriad of ways. Some have exquisite mirror work while some are more traditional like the Bandhni ones. The ‘Jaipuri printed’ (common name) skirts are available both online and offline and are perfect for daily wear. They also make lovely gifts and souvenirs .The skirts are suitable for all occasions and I like teaming them up with long solid kurtas to for a subtle look in more formal settings.
Price: 250INR ;Place: Bapu market, Jaipur.
3. The kamar bandh or Tagri/Kardhani is a belly chain or a waist tie that is intricately worn with lehengas and mostly studded with gem stones to be adorned with traditional saree or lehenga.
Place: Johari Bazar
4. Jewelry: Rajasthan is a heaven for all sorts of fabulous trinklets with gem and precious stones, black metal and junk jewellery that can be worn with either an Indian attire or Indo-Western fusion attires. Be it the ‘Chokar” or the ‘Bangles’, these pieces will carve a niche in your jewelry box and your heart.
Place: Johari Bazar
5. Bags: Looking for a vibrant and indo- inspired bag that would go along with your colorful attire? The streets of this place filled bags with mirror work as well as with colorful prints, in all shapes and sizes. You can also buy beautiful little ‘potlis’ that will add a glamorous quotient to all your wedding looks.
Place: Bapu Bazar, Indira Market,GT bazaar
If you like this post, dont forget to follow us on Instagram & Facebook .